I don’t think I’d even notice it was the weekend right now except that Mr. G is sitting on the couch watching rugby with Baby on his lap and it’s the middle of the day. Funny how days just merge together when you’re home with a baby! Anyway, now that I’ve got some extra hands to help with Baby during the day, I’ve got time to read some articles I noticed during the week, but never got round to actually reading. It’s a small list again, but hey! I guess that’s a good sign that I’m starting to be able to read more these days 🙂
- Give Me Gratitude or Give Me Debt – I don’t know how I’d never stumbled across Momastery before, but there’s some really thought provoking stuff on there. Reading blogs, it’s easy to feel like you’re not quite measuring up or you need to work harder to present a beautiful happy front. This article is a nice reminder to be grateful for everything we do have and to enjoy it!
- Everything You Wanted To Know But Were Afraid To Ask – I love Abigail Ahern’s design blog. It’s easy to get lost in her unusual approach to interiors. This post is for anyone thinking about or currently starting their own business.
- Salted Caramel & Apricot Pots – You guys, when I was about 8 months pregnant I inexplicably got a craving for salted caramel. I wish I could cook as well as Eva, but I can’t. And yet…I have to try this one out.
Any other articles out there worth reading this week?
I find myself continuously amazed by Baby G’s progress these past few weeks. She’s gone from this little bundle that lay there and took everything in to this slightly bigger bundle that’s gurgling at me and trying to figure out how to grab things (including my nose and mouth when I look at her) and she’s even started rolling over. (Only one way, but still!) She’s also been watching myself and Mr. G eating at meal times with huge interest just these last few days. I think she’s getting ready to make another leap…it’s amazing to watch her develop.
I came across this interesting program on YouTube today – The Secret Life of the Brain (The Baby’s Brain). So interesting how their brain works. Makes you wonder the kinds of ways that are best for helping them along…
Being a new mum you, like me, probably find it hard to find the time to sit down and read things or just peruse the internet. Here’s a list of some interesting articles I’ve come across and hope to get through this weekend!
- Things To Do For a New Mama – I love this list put together by Erika over on To The Sea. I’ve been thinking about doing a similar post myself and this just gives me more motivation to do so!
- I Am Not a Human Pacifier – a must read for all breast feeding momma’s out there! Sometimes it’s easy to feel drained by being boob on demand, particularly on those days when you’re really tired. But this piece really puts it all in perspective and reminds just how wonderful an experience breast feeding is.
- The Day I Left My Son In The Car – something to be learned by everyone (parents and non-parents alike) in this piece posted on Salon.com
I wish this post could be longer, but unfortunately I don’t have that much time to even find things to bookmark that I’d like to read for later on! Also…it’s about quality, not quantity 🙂
Got any other articles worth reading? Please share them with us in the comments below!