A busy Thursday with my baby

Baby Girl is growing really fast. But I think she has big feet because her body is still a bit small in the next-size-up baby grows, but her feet fit them perfectly. Which also means that the stuff that does fit her body, her feet are all scrunched up in.

So this morning I decided to brave Dundrum (the local shopping centre) to see if I could find some in between baby grows. I also thought I’d do a little shopping for me because it’s been SO long since I’ve bought clothes and I feel like nothing pre-pregnancy I used to own is compatible with breast feeding. But of course I found nothing that I was happy with…but I did manage to get some cheap baby grows from Penneys. It looks like she’ll outgrow them in a matter of days – but we need something to tie us over until I can pull out the next set of clothes I have for her.

After Dundrum, we went over to my parents’ house for lunch with my mum, my sister and my niece. It was just a quick hello before leaving to drop my mum to the airport. She’s going to meet my dad in London – it’s their 34th wedding anniversary this weekend (wow) and they’re spending it at the Heineken Cup Final in Cardiff. (Too bad Leinster didn’t make it to the final!)

On the way back from the airport, I decided to risk it and do a quick run around the supermarket before Baby G woke up for a feed. It was the first time I wore her in a sling around the shop and it worked amazingly. She woke up just as we made it back to the apartment, so that was perfect timing. She was a little fussy after she fed so we just bounced around the apartment until Mr G came home and then it was time to start the dinner! We had to tag team it a little, taking turns cooking and bouncing the baby.

A friend from work came over to join us for dinner and meet Baby G for the first time, which was really nice. But I had to walk around the living room with the baby the whole time because she just wanted to be held and rocked, so that was pretty exhausting. I have a Baby Bjorn carrier, but it’s got no waist strap so it’s killing my back. My shoulders are numb when I wear her for more than 20 minutes, so I think it’s time to get a new one. This one is just on loan from my sister – she never used it, she got it as a gift but always preferred using the wrap she’d bought herself.

So after dinner, Mr G took our friend and Baby G for a spin in the new car. I was hoping the car ride would put her to sleep because it was 10pm at this point and she was showing no signs of settling. But when they returned 30 minutes later she had vomited all over herself on the walk up from the car to the apartment…so we had to change her and I had to feed her again before trying to settle her.

The last time I looked at the clock it was 11:45pm, so we must have fallen asleep soon after that…which is why I’m only posting this now and didn’t get to post yesterday. I actually started the post 3 times but never had enough time to finish before Baby G was looking for my attention.

Man, babies are exhausting! But so lovely. She only woke up twice in the night to feed, so that was a little bonus on the back of a very busy day.

Hopefully today will be a little easier!


Thanks For Reading - Please Comment Below!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s